Pork Chops with Raspberry Sauce
You are going to L.O.V.E this recipe... Here is another "tried and true" recipe! It is absolutely delicious and again, it does not take very long to make at all. Every time I make this my kids devour it. (And really, that is the true mark of success right? :) )
1 t dried thyme, crushed
1 t dried sage, crushed
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
4 (4 oz) boneless pork loin chops
1 T butter
1 T olive oil
1/2 c seedless raspberry jam
4 T orange juice
4 T white wine vinegar
4 sprigs of fresh thyme (OPTIONAL .. it's just for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. In a small bowl combine first 4 ingredients.
- Rub generously on both sides of each porkchop.
- In a skillet, melt butter and olive oil, then add pork chops. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove pork chops and place in different dish in the oven to keep them warm while sauce is made.
- In the same skillet you cooked the pork, (DO NOT REMOVE OIL AND SPICES from the pan.. this will be used with the sauce!) :) add the jam, orange juice and white wine vinegar. Let heat through and boil until reduced to the desired consistency. Make sure to whisk occasionally ... (Or if you are Claire.. constantly :)
- The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Spoon sauce into a pool on your plate and place pork chop on top. Add fresh sprig to each chop if you have it. :) ENJOY!!! :)