Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chicken Fajitas - EASY, FAST, SO GOOD.

(okay, i didn't take this picture.. i totally forgot to, but here's a visual for ya any way! :) Is that a beer in the background? ha!)


So, I had a few red peppers that were starting to moan from my fridge... they were getting a little sad and were close to being thrown out - I could NOT let that happen. - I've been fortunate enough that my son LOVES peppers. He eats them like apples. Buuuttt.. you can really only have so many peppers. I was racking my brain to think of a recipe I could use the rest of them all at once when I remembered a recipe for Chicken Fajitas I came across a while back. I couldn't find the recipe, but honestly, you don't really need one :).

Have you ever made these? I haven't had too many good fajita experiences, so I was a little leery, but Mike LOVES them. I had never made them before, but I wanted to give it a try.

SO-oOOO good! And SO EASY. I feel kind of silly, you are all probably pros at Fajitas, but this was my first try, and to the rest of you, who like me had never thought to make them... here is an AWESOME recipe I put together.



CARA'S CHICKEN FAJITAS


1 Chicken Breast cut in 1 inch strips (remember to slice the chicken laterally, then slice into one inch strips)

About 6-7 medium sized mushrooms slicked thick

2 Red bell peppers sliced

1/2 medium sized yellow onion sliced

2 T butter

2 T oil (I used olive)

1/4 c water

1/4 c flour (wheat or regular)

1 Fajita seasoning packet ( Keepin' it real here.. I just used a walmart brand packet, and it was still AWESOME)

6 inch flour (wheat or white) tortillas



Heat oil and butter at medium high heat in large frying pan. Chop up all vegetables and chicken and place it in the frying pan. Toss too cook. Add the fajita packet and keep tossing. The goal is to have thoroughly cooked chicken and tender vegetables. Once it looks tender, add 1/4 c water, then 1/8-1/4 c flour and continue to toss until well Incorporated. Turn heat to low and serve on 6 inch flour tortillas. It is delicious with cheddar cheese and sour cream. I didn't have avocados, but sliced avocados would've been awesome as a topping as well :). This seriously was SO fast and SO easy. Sammy, Claire and Mike devoured this ... and so did I! - Serves 4-5. -- Not bad for just ONE chicken breast ay? I hope you enjoy!



No comments: